The course is designed for people who are willing to start their career in the coffee industry. At this level, barista learns the essential practical skills necessary for the correct use and setting of the coffee grinder and espresso machine. This course also teaches the process of preparation and quality control of espresso and milk coffee beverages, with the usage of a professional espresso machine. No prior experience in working as a barista is required.
The scope of the course:
– Getting to know the basic knowledge about types, botanical varieties and methods of processing of coffee,
– Basics of workflow behind the coffee bar,
– Grinder construction, grinding degree settings, distribution of coffee and tamping techniques,
– Structure and maintenance of an espresso machine,
– Practice in setting the grinder and brewing espresso,
– Learning about milk steaming and basic coffee preparation: caffè cappuccino, caffè latte, caffè americano,
– Hygiene and safety rules behind the bar,
– Cleaning procedures of the espresso machine, coffee grinder and other accessories.
- Pre requirements: no experience required
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive exam results gives you the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate
- Number of participants: 4 – 6 people
- Duration of the course and certification: 8 hours (a 45-minute meal break is planned)
- Price: 800 PLN per person (including VAT tax)
- Light lunch included
- Certificate SCA included within the price for all participants.