The highest level of training enables the participants to deepen their scientific knowledge about coffee: the influence of the temperature on coffee brewing, levels and types of acidity during various stages of extraction, the impact of water quality on the taste and quality of the prepared coffee and many others. The course also allows to improve sensory analysis skills and creating coffee description meeting the requirements of the Gold Cup Standard – Specialty Coffee Association.
The scope of the course:
– How to use the refractometer to estimate the impact of individual factors determining the quality of the brewed coffee: water temperature, blooming/preinfusion, turbulence, brewing time, various types of coffee filters, dripper shape, coffee roasting degree, degree and quality of ground coffee, application of by-pass and other,
– Exercises in the field of coffee sensory analysis, with an emphasis on building the range of phrases, words and expressions defining the individual sensory attributes of a brewed coffee,
– Practice in creating professional coffee brewing recipes using various methods, with an emphasis on full control of % of extraction and % of TDS,
– Gaining detailed knowledge about individual water parameters such as pH, alkalinity, total hardness and carbonate hardness, mineralisation, composition and water quality standards best for coffee according to Specialty Coffee Association. Learning how to design the best water,
– Ability to use accessories for water quality testing and gaining practical knowledge about the methods for its filtration, to obtain the best possible water quality as a way to keep the café equipment in a good shape and guarantee a high quality of coffee served.
- Pre requirements: Brewing intermediate course is mandatory
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive exam results gives you the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate
- Number of participants: 4 to 6 people
- Duration of the course: three days, around 8 hours per day (a 45-minute meal break per day is planned each day)
- Price without SCA certificate: 2800 PLN per person (including VAT tax)
- Price with SCA certificate (only for SCA members): 3500 PLN per person (including VAT tax)*
- Non SCA members – additional payment for certificate: 1445 PLN (including VAT tax )
* certificates within the price granted only for SCA members with a current paid membership fee