The training at the professional level is aimed at using the knowledge acquired at the intermediate level, deepening it and preparing the student for work in the green coffee industry. In addition to knowledge about coffee botany and various stages of its production, students continue to learn the green grading procedure. At the professional level, the mechanisms of functioning of the futures market are discussed the most, with an emphasis on practical exercises in price calculation, drawing up trade agreements, and risk management.
The course includes:
- Research on the genetic diversity of coffee.
- Chemical composition of green coffee.
- The impact of climate change on coffee cultivation.
- Coffee plantation: soil management and protection, shade control, coffee growth control, coffee diseases.
- Advanced considerations for the various stages of the processing processes: fruit quality, harvesting technologies, fermentation, water management, drying.
- Classification of defects and the reasons for their formation, impact on sensorics.
- Coffee transport: preparation of coffee for transport, documents used during transport, sea transport, land procedures.
- Coffee certificates.
- Types of coffee bags.
- Futures markets: currency exchange and unit conversion, ICE and market mechanisms, hedging, supervision of futures trading, technical analysis of the market.
- Purchasing strategies and risk management on the coffee market.
- Requirements for participants: an intermediate level Green Coffee course with a certificate required, professional work with green coffee.
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive results of the exams gives the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate.
- Number of participants: 4 to 6 people.
- Duration of the course: 3 days, approximately 8 hours each (a 45-minute meal break is provided for each day of the course).
- Course price without SCA certificates: PLN 3,390 gross per person.
- Price of the SCA-certified course (only for SCA members): PLN 4,410 gross per person. **
- The price of the SCA-certified course for people from outside the SCA association: PLN 4,920 gross.
* Certificates are priced only for SCA members with a currently paid membership fee.