At an intermediate level, issues related to coffee botany, the production process and storage conditions are developed. There is more information about coffee certificates and methods of decaffeination. An important topic of the course is the quality of green coffee. Participants carry out the green coffee segregation procedure – green grading. They also learn how to identify defects during SCA cupping. The training program also includes information on the functioning of the coffee markets, drawing up trade agreements and other issues related to the sale of green coffee.
The course includes:
- History of the development of coffee crops in the world.
- Coffee species and botanical varieties.
- Coffee processing methods.
- Statistics of world coffee crops.
- Seasonality of crops.
- Climatic and microbiological threats to plantations.
- Methods of decaffeination.
- Green coffee quality classification.
- Green coffee defects: types, causes, impact on sensors – Defects of roasted coffee.
- Green grading procedure.
- Green coffee certificates.
- Coffee transportation: safety rules, shipping documents.
- Physical and future coffee market.
- Types of commercial contracts and terms of their conclusion.
- Formulating commercial contracts, the concept of arbitration, Incoterms rules.
- Green coffee storage conditions, risks of improper storage.
The course is recommended for people who have completed the SCA Green Coffee Foundation course, work professionally with green coffee or have already acquired basic knowledge on the subject.
- Requirements for participants: recommended Green Coffee course at the basic level with a certificate, professional work with green coffee or otherwise acquired basic knowledge on the subject.
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive results of the exams gives the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate.
- Number of participants: 4 to 6 people.
- Duration of the course: 2 days, 8 hours each (a 45-minute meal break is planned for each day of the course).
- Course price without SCA certificates: PLN 2,390 gross per person.
- Price of the SCA-certified course (only for SCA members): PLN 2,955 gross per person. *
- The price of the SCA-certified course for people from outside the SCA association: PLN 3,410 gross.
* Certificates are priced only for SCA members with a currently paid membership fee.