The training introduces you to the basic concepts of green coffee. During its duration, issues related to coffee botany are discussed, taking into account botanical species and varieties. Participants learn about the places where coffee is grown in the world, have the opportunity to follow the different stages of its production: cultivation, harvest, processing, transport and storage. During the training, the procedure for assessing the quality of green coffee is presented, students learn its basics such as: grain segregation, moisture measurement, defects recognition and their impact on coffee sensors. The theoretical part also includes information on coffee certificates and the production of decaffeinated coffee.
The course includes:
- Coffee species and botanical varieties: classification, physical and sensory differences – coffee origin and its place of cultivation.
- The impact of climate on coffee cultivation.
- Coffee production in the world.
- Classification of coffee farms and management of coffee crops.
- Coffee harvest and methods of its treatment: dry, pulped natural washed, anaerobic, sensory impact – transport and storage of coffee.
- Green coffee quality assessment procedure: measuring moisture and density, sorting coffee in terms of grain size.
- Green grain defects: classification, visual identification, impact on sensors – future market.
- Green Coffee Certificates.
- Decaffeinated coffee.
- Requirements for participants: experience is not required.
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive results of the exams gives the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate.
- Number of participants: 4 to 6 people.
- Duration of the course: 8 hours (a 45-minute meal break is planned during the course).
- Course price without SCA certificate: PLN 990 gross per person.
- SCA certificate price: PLN 1,330 gross per person.