Barista Course – Basic Level:
This barista course is intended for people who are starting their work in the coffee industry. At this level, you learn the basic and practical skills necessary for the correct use and setting of the coffee grinder and the espresso machine. The course also covers the preparation and quality control of espresso, steaming milk and the preparation of coffees such as: cafe cappuccino and cafe latte. No previous experience of working as a barista is required.
Barista course – includes:
- Getting to know the basic knowledge about species, botanical varieties or methods of coffee processing.
- Basics of work organization behind the bar.
- Construction and operation of a grinder.
- Construction and operation of the pressure coffee machine.
- Exercises to set the degree of grinding coffee, dosing and distribution, techniques of tamping coffee and brewing espresso.
- Learning to steam milk and prepare basic coffees: cafe cappuccino, cafe latte, americano.
- Health and safety rules behind the bar.
- Cleaning the espresso machine, grinder and accessories.
- Requirements for participants of the barista course: experience is not required.
- The training ends with an online theory exam. Obtaining positive results of the exams gives the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate.
- The number of participants: 3 – 6 people.
- Duration of the course: 8 hours (a 45-minute meal break is planned during the course).
- Course price without SCA certificate: PLN 890 gross per person.
- SCA-certifiedand “on-line” exam: PLN 350 gross per person.