The training allows you to learn about brewing methods other than the espresso machine. Participants learn to use devices such as the dripper V60 and the aeropress, learn the basic parameters affecting the quality of the brewed coffee and the ingredients of the coffee recipe. The training also includes an introduction to coffee sensors. Participants learn to assess the correctness of brewed coffee, learn the basic categories and sensory attributes useful for describing it.
The course includes:
- Species, botanical varieties and methods of coffee processing.
- Growing coffee around the world.
- Factors influencing the taste and quality of the brewed coffee: weight, degree of grinding, water temperature, brewing time.
- Introduction to the concepts of% extraction and% TDS (degree of infusion and strength of coffee infusion).
- Coffee freshness.
- Coffee preparation exercises with the V60 drip and aeropress.
- Introduction to coffee sensors: describing the taste and aroma of the brew, assessing the correctness of the brewed coffee.
- Requirements for participants: experience is not required.
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive results of the exams gives the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate.
- Number of participants: 3 – 6 people.
- Duration of the course: 8 hours (a 45-minute meal break is planned during the course).
- Course price without SCA certificate: PLN 890 gross per person.
- SCA-certified and “on-line” exam: PLN 350 gross per person.