The training enables beginner baristas and home baristas to learn about different ways of making coffee using accessories such as Chemex, Aeropress, dripper and french press. Participants are learning about the four fundamental factors affecting the quality of a coffee extraction: grinding degree, water temperature, turbulence and the time of coffee and water contact.
The scope of the course:
– Getting to know the basic knowledge about the origin of coffee: species, botanical varieties, methods of processing coffee,
– Understanding the fundamental factors affecting the quality of a brewed coffee: the recipe and the brewing procedure, the quality and the degree of grinding, the temperature and the quality of the water and the time of brewing,
– Acquiring knowledge about the importance of the quality of water used to prepare coffee and methods of its purification,
– Exercises in the field of coffee preparation, two ways of preparing coffee: Aeropress and Chemex or drip and french press.
- Pre requirements: no experience required
- The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam. Obtaining positive exam results gives you the opportunity to receive the SCA certificate
- Number of participants: 4 – 6 people
- Duration of the course and certification: 8 hours (a 45-minute meal break is planned)
- Price without SCA certificate: 750 PLN per person (including VAT tax)
- Price with SCA certificate: 950 PLN per person (including VAT tax)