Latte art training - basic level
Latte art is an art of creating patterns on the surface of an espresso with the use of a steamed milk. It is one of the essential skills that every barista should have. This technique allows the barista to create a unique look of each milk and coffee beverage he prepares for the guests in the café. Latte art training also provides an opportunity to develop the barista’s craftsmanship, by acquiring new levels of this unique skill.
The training focuses on the solid foundations of latte art, it is designed for beginner baristas and home baristas. During the training the subject of proper milk steaming and tools needed to create latte art will be explored. Participants will learn how to create three basic patterns: a heart, a rosette and a tulip and will also gain knowledge on the control of the milk flow to get the right position, symmetry and contrast of the pattern. All of this to understand how to use this technique in practice properly!
The training takes place in a small group, with the focus on as many practical exercises as possible.
The scope of the course:
- What is the art of creating patterns on espresso coffee?
- Which tools are used to prepare the ‘latte art’ designs?
- The quality of milk steaming process – the impact of milk foam on the taste and overall quality of caffé latte and caffé cappuccino.
- Acquiring the basic skill of milk steaming and improving already possessed expertise in this area.
- Learning how to prepare three basic latte art patterns: rosetta, heart and tulip and improving your existing skills.
- Number of participants: 3
- Duration of the course: around 6 hours (one 30 minute break is planned during the session).
- Course price: 600 PLN per person ( including VAT tax )